Monday, April 9, 2012

Observations: New York vs. Ely NV

After a long and stressful trip I am finally home! It feels nice and relaxing. I can believe how quite it is, I find myself turning noise on to be more comfortable. Here are a few more of my observations from my change of scenery...

Observation #1- the impressive amount of trucks owned by the average citizen VS New Yorks obscene amount of BMW's, Volvo's, Audis, Lexus'

Observation #2- The average passerby will say hi and shoot you a smile here in Ely, whereas in New York people look at you funny if you have a smile on your face.

Observation #3- People wear hats here in Ely on a daily basis. Its almost a wardrobe must, not so much in New York

Observation #4- Speed limit here in Ely- 25 VS. speed limit... what is that? Im gonna do what I want and where I want to do it!

Observation #5- I haven't seen an open body of water since I left New York VS walking 2 minutes to a harbor.

Observation #6- most building and home here in the west are maybe 2 stories tall VS things grow vertically in New York.

There are many more where those came from but I would say those are the top observations that stuck out to me. There will be a few more blog posts this week. I feel like I have so much to say after living in such a  big place. I learned so many things that I want to share so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment