Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The greatest gift

Hey all. I wanted to tell you about the best part of me going to New York. I learned about myself and about how I want to live my life. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in other words I am a Mormon. Before NY I struggled everyday it seemed with who I was, what I wanted, and what I believed. I was negligent with my spirituality and it felt as though nothing would help me to be happy again. I never doubted the existence of God or my membership in his church, but it seemed that I was just going through the motions and not learning or knowing for myself. I'm not going to say that everyday is perfect, but I go from day to day with a surety of what I am doing here in this life. I KNOW that I have a savior and that he loves me. I am not alone and I have a purpose. I know that living the gospel daily is the way to find happiness here in this life. And by living the gospel I mean diligently and sincerely praying, studying my scriptures, and making time to ponder and listen for the Lords voice in my life. I love the feelings that I get when I take the time to think of godly things, to think of all he has given me and all that is available to me if I choose to follow him.
           You know I grew up with the gospel in my life. I was always an active member, but was I truly converted to the doctrines of the gospel? I don't know that I was and I don't think that I in no way have figured everything out. I will spend my life learning of Christ, trying to understand his ways, and how I am supposed to do the things he asks of me. But I do know how strong a desire I have to learn of him and to grow spiritually. Its so refreshing to have such a strong desire to return to my father in heaven. I have so many things that I want to achieve. I am working toward what feels to be the next step in growing closer to my savior and my father in Heaven. Before I left NY I spoke with my bishop and was told that I could start preparing to make covenants with my Father in Heaven in his holy temple. I am sincerely working towards this goal and I look forward to this next step. I have been working towards this for quite awhile and I now feel closer to obtaining this goal. I pray that I can be a better disciple of Christ, that I can do the things he asks of me, that I will be in the places he needs me to be. That I will be worthy to do his work.
          Now these are my own thoughts and I just needed to get them out there. I have hid my feelings to long. Although it can be scary to share such deep desires of my heart I know that I needed to write this post, and I need to share my testimony and my love for my savior more publicly. I love you all and I hope you know that. I plan to do more posts on spirituality and what is helping me to feel closer to my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I'm not going to sensor these posts and I invite all to read. I hope that I can put things simply and that I can help my fellow man if even a little bit. Love you all!

3 comments: